Thursday, August 6, 2009

Elite Rewind + Bagless Upright

Elite Rewind + Bagless Upright

Price: $109.99
Manufacturer: Hoover
Buy from amazon.com

Hoover Company : Bagless upright vacuum features a handy 24-ft retractable cord that pulls out and automatically zips in for quick storage. It features Widepath cleaning with seven height adjustments--from shag to bare floor, so every surface in your home is covered. On-board tools include long crevice wand, combination dusting brush/upholstery tool and pet hair cleaning tool. Lifetime HEPA filter for normal household conditions helps keep your home allergen free. Vacuum also has EZ Empty bottom-release dirt cup, deluxe stretch hose for nine feet of extended reach cleaning, 12-amp motor, headlight and furniture guard. Air flow indicator signals full cup and need for filter cleaning. Current: 12 A; Voltage: N\A; Power: N\A; Tank Capacity: N\A. : Includes one bagless upright vacuum cleaner.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #53123 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Brand: Hoover
  • Model: U5509900
  • Dimensions: 18.00 pounds
  • 24-ft retractable cord pulls out and automatically zips in for quick storage.
  • Widepath cleaning with seven height adjustments--from shag to bare floor, so every surface in your home is covered.
  • On-board tools include long crevice wand, combination dusting brush/upholstery tool and pet hair cleaning tool.
  • Lifetime HEPA filter for normal household conditions helps keep your home allergen free.
  • Vacuum also has EZ Empty bottom-release dirt cup, deluxe stretch hose for nine feet of extended reach cleaning, 12-amp motor, headlight and furniture guard.

Product Reviews

Quite possibly the best vacuum I've used
This is a great little machine. I got one as a housewarming present, and am really quite tickled with how well it works. The amount of dirt it pulls out of the carpet is kinda scary, really. The lifetime hepa filter means no hunting for little cartridges that will become obscure in a few years. You just brush this one out, and you're ready to go again. It has an indicator light that goes on when the filter needs to be cleaned. It comes with quite possibly my favorite attachment ever, the little spinner brush thing that hooks up to the hose. The cord gathers itself at a slightly startling pace at the touch of a button.
Quite possibly my favorite part is emptying the dirt compartment. The canister unhooks with the push of a button, and then when you're over the trash can, you push another lever-thing that snaps the bottom open. No more turning it upside down, and then trying to knock that last stubborn clod out. This made me happy. The bit you push, and the handle to the canister are even towards the top, so you can drop the opening down into your trash can, and avoid breathing the dust plume.

My two complaints are more of a statement on my house than the vacuum. 24 feet sounds like a lot of cord, but really, on the ground it isn't. Also, the hose isn't that long either. It does stretch and flex admirably, but the force required to get it to stretch as far as it will go sometimes lifts the machine. It's not that heavy.

Great vacuum!
I guess there's a difference between the Elite Rewind, and the Deluxe Elite Rewind. Either that, or everyone gets a lemon from time to time. I guess I just got a great model. I've seen other people bash this vacuum left and right saying that it falls apart after a few months and becomes unreliable. I've owned my vacuum for almost a year now, and can say that it works just as great as the first time I used it. Haven't had any clog or belt problems like everyone else seems to have.

Cleaning: I don't own any pets, but I do live in a 2 bedroom apartment living with 3 other people, so pretty much every place in my apartment is considered "high traffic". This vacuum not only has great suction, but the brush roller actually fluffs the carpets and leaves them feeling new. The hand tools work great. The "pet hair attachment" works fantastic as a couch cleaning tool. Our living room also doubles as our dining room, so crumbs are inevitable. If anyone has kids, I'm sure they'll appreciate this feature.

Functionality: The rewind feature is by far my favorite thing about this vacuum. Like the other reviewer stated, it does retract the chord at a rather startling pace, but can be slowed if you just push it down half way rather than all the way. Emptying the canister is also a joy. I have allergies that are triggered relatively easily, so the dirt release feature from the bottom is a godsend. It doesn't plume up a cloud of dust and it just falls out like warm butter. The chord is a little short, but its perfect for my apartment. I can just plug it in to the outlet in my hallway and reach just about everywhere. I'm sure larger households would require a little more maneuvering. This vacuum is quite possibly one of the quietest for the price. I only have 2 other vacuum's to compare it too, but it's certainly the quietest of the 3. Same with maneuverability. It glides on my carpet and hard floors very easily. I think it may be self propelled because it barely requires any pushing at all.

Maintenance: Cleaning the filter is pretty simple. All you have to do is twist off the collector inside the canister and rinse off the filter with warm water and let it dry overnight. You can take a toothbrush to the filter and scrape off the dust to keep it dry, but I prefer rinsing it off and letting it dry overnight so I can be sure its 100% clean and dust free. Same principle applies to the canister. Just rinse it out and let it drip dry over a paper towel and you'll be set. I can't give any input on the internal maintenance of this vacuum, as I've never had to clean out the hoses or replace a belt. I guess I'm lucky in that aspect.

Overall for the price, I don't think it gets any better than the Deluxe Elite Rewind from Hoover. The ease of upkeep and functionality of this vacuum definitely deserves a 5 star rating. Again, I'm sure there are lemons out there, and not all of them are manufactured as solid as the one I purchased. If you do get a well constructed one, you won't want to use anything else.

Rewind is great!
The retrackable cord is awesome - wouldn't want to go back! I love that every intake valve can be cleaned easily (instructions in the manual). With 3 kids and two dogs - I can plan on clogs! Belt is standard - get 2 for $2.29 at Target (I've had others that I didn't realize took special order belts). Picks up great on carpet and solid surface. Only wish the cord was a little longer. Great value - I've tried lots of brands and am happy to be back to a trusty Hoover -


No comments:

Post a Comment