Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hoover U8361-900 Windtunnel 2 Surface Command Bagless Upright Vacuum

Hoover U8361-900 Windtunnel 2 Surface Command Bagless Upright Vacuum

Price: $172.01
Manufacturer: Hoover
Buy from amazon.com

The Hoover Windtunnel 2 Surface Command Bagless Upright Vacuum cleans carpet better than any other leading brand. Has patented Windtunnel 2 technology which is located in the floor nozzle. Forces the rotating brushes and airflow to work in harmony. It lift and traps the dirt, so it won't scatter back into your carpet. Dirt ends up in your cleaner, not on your floor. The Surface Command Electronic Carpet height adjustment and brush shutoff for hard surfaces allows you to move from surface to surface without stopping. Simply turn the dial for the desired setting.The adjustable handle height makes it easy for people of all heights to use comfortably. The Pet Hair Tool has powerful suction and rotating brushes that easily cleanstairs and upholstry. The self-cleaning Hepa filter cleans itself every 6 seconds to maintain cleaning power. You never have to touch or replace the filter. It traps 100% of dust mites, ragweed and common grass pollen.The automatic brush shut-off automatically stops the brush when in the upright position - all the power is focused in the hose. The Real-Time Tool System with Tag -Along Grip makes tool use easy with handle that instantly converts to telescopic wand and Tag-Along grip to guide the cleaner. The Telescoping Quick-Release wand and super stretch hose combine for 12" of cleaning reach. No bending or stretching. The wand reaches all the way to the floor. There are no bags to replace with the Bottom-Release Dirt cup. Simply remove the cup and empty contents into the trash. The brilliant headlight helps illuminate the entire cleaning surface. Has a lifetime belt and a 1 year warranty.

Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #109153 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Brand: Hoover
  • Model: U8361-900
  • Released on: 2006-07-15
  • Dimensions: 6.00 pounds
  • Windtunnel 2 upright vacuums are the most powerful uprights for carpets
  • Self-cleaning HEPA filter
  • Real-Time tool system with Tag-Along grip
  • Pet hair cleaning tool
  • Lifetime belt; 1-year warranty

Product Reviews

Sucks great but, sucks
Giving 2 stars on the suction alone. Hepa filter doesn't self-clean/turn after one use. A lot of dirt falls out from the hepa filter when removing the dirt box or collects behind the the dirt box if you don't pay very close attention to aligning it just right. I really liked how much dirt this thing pulls out of the carpet but it's heavy and dirt just falls out, a lot of dirt, when emptying the dirt box. I'm returning and not getting another after reading the other reviews in here that sound just like my experience.

Cleans great, Messy to empty
I returned this vacuum after a week and a half. I was impressed with how well it deep cleaned my carpets, but it was way too messy to empty the dust cup. After vacuuming both floors of my house, so much dirt collected behind the hepa filter that the filter stopped rotating. The visible part of the dust cup that collects larger particles wasn't very full. When I removed the dust cup a large amount of dirt fell from behind the hepa filter and made a mess all over the vacuum cleaner. I had to get my old vacuum to clean up the mess. I had to turn the vacuum on and off four times and empty the dust cup each time to remove all of the dirt that was lodged behind the hepa filter. I had to clean up the mess with my old vacuum each time after removing the dust cup.

I may have had a defective vacuum. but I decided not to take another chance. Best Buy wasn't happy about taking my vacuum back. I don't blame them, I sure it's hard reselling a used vacuum. I didn't want to deal with returning another one.

If I buy bagless again, it will more than likely be a Dyson but I'm leaning towards buying one with a bag. The bagless revolution seems to be a lot of hype.

What was Hoover thinking? Messy!
The vacuum has great suction. However, suction is the only good quality about this vacuum.

I purchased this vacuum at Sears and got a good discount during their vacuum sale. But I have gone through 3 of these vacuums and have returned or plan on returning each one. The 1st vacuum got so much dirt stuck behind and in the hepa filter, the vacuum started making a sound like it was going to break. The 2nd vacuum had a handle that was assembled badly so with each forward and backward pass the handle felt like it was going to come off.

This vacuum is hard to push. You have to put the carpet setting at close to high for low carpeting. On hard surfaces the vacuum is hard to push too!

This vacuum has a large dust cup with 2 sections. The small compartment in the back of the dust cup is (1" high X 5" wide X 6" deep) for the dirt. The large front section collects the hair, crumbs and other larger things you pick up off the floor in your home, however dirt and fine particulate dust is what I collect in my vacuum, and Hoover only gives you that little compartment for the dirt so it gets caught in the vacuum behind the hepa filter. You spend more time cleaning out the vacuum than you do vacuuming your carpet. Today I had to pick up the vacuum and shake it over the trash can to get most of the dirt out from behind the hepa filter. Even my husband noticed that this vacuum takes too much time to empty and clean out. Yes lots of dirt falls onto the vacuum when you remove the dust cup and is messy to clean up.

I have tried Kenmore, Eureka, and Fantom in the past. I plan on returning the 3rd vacuum once I get my Dyson I purchased from HSN.


No comments:

Post a Comment